Tasty Tuesday: Marmalade Beef with Tomatoes & Onions
Dinner doesn’t have to be complex to have great flavor. I stirred up this quick dish one night a few weeks back. I used what I had on hand and the result was pretty amazing!
(click to enlarge)
The hamburger patties soak up the wonderful marmalade sauce and become juicy & tender. You totally forget your eating a basic hamburger patty. The tomatoes are super yummy when in season and the cheese makes the dish feel a bit elegant. I’m a bread & starch lover and yet I didn’t miss them at all in this dish.
Marmalade Beef with Tomatoes & Onions by Heather McCullah
Frozen Hamburger Patties
1. Slice onions and place in a saute pan with a small amount of melted butter, 1 tsp of brown sugar & 1 tsp of orange marmalade. Cook over medium heat 20-25 minutes.
2. Prepare frozen hamburger on stove top, bbq or indoor grill with your favorite seasonings. I use salt, pepper & crushed red pepper on mine.
3. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and combine into caramelized onions & sauce…tossing to warm through (no more than a minute or two).
4. Place hamburger patties in a shallow bowl and top with tomato & onion mixture.
5. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.